Sunday, December 10, 2017

Monday Mural: in the shade of a windmill

This very cool oak tree is painted on a wall under the gaze of a very old windmill.  Don't know who painted this but I like its linear graphic quality.  Reminds me of a chalk drawing.  I was surprised to find this windmill remnant that speaks to the early agricultural history of Oakland.

Welcome to Monday Mural. If you like murals or have a mural you'd like to post, this meme's for you; just follow the Linky steps below.  You decide what constitutes a mural.  Once you start looking you find them everywhere.  Be sure to link back to this blog and visit your fellow posters.  Looking forward to your mural finds posted this week.  Google+ users, please configure your post so we all can leave a comment.  Thanks.

I'm sorry to report that beginning Feb. 1 I'll no longer be able to host Monday Mural.  If there is anyone out there who would like to take over hosting this meme, please let me know.

“ Be kind; everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.”  Rev. John Watson

17 comments:

  1. I like it, it does look like a chalk drawing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't mind hosting the Monday Mural, but would like to know more info about how. (samidotvelosoathotmaildotcom) Thanks

      Delete
  2. I am also happy to take over the hosting.
    I have done Mr Linky in the past for my own memes, but the disadvantage if I take over is that I can't show the actual images on my post page, only on a sub-page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I like the mural you've shown us this week. An artistic way of hiding some building work I'm assuming.

      Delete
  3. Great mural like the graphical lining. Could be a very good woodcut or etching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the mural ODP, adore the old windmill!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does look like a chalk drawing. As a kid I had a blackboard out of an old school being torn down. My drawings were not this amazing, but loved drawing on the whole board. Great find! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific oak tree. The Charter Oak is the state tree of Connecticut. Long story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like it a lot! I'm sorry that you won't be hosting us anymore and hope someone is able to take it over continue do the fine job you have been doing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice post.really I apperciate your blog.Thanks for sharing.keep sharing more blogs.

    หีฟิต

    ReplyDelete
  9. This oak tree is suitable for Auckland.
    It is a very excellent art.

    Thank you for your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful image the building You chose well for the theme.
    ทางเข้า D2BET

    ReplyDelete