Tuesday, April 5, 2011

church door

This church---The First Church of Christ, Scientist at 17th and Franklin---sits on a corner and muscles right up to the sidewalk.  I've always admired the door.  Only recently did I realize that the iron strapping includes initials.  Duh.  Not very observant of me.   This church was constructed in the early 20th century but I haven't been able to find the name of the architect.  I do know it has an original Tiffany window that was restored a few years ago.  I hope to get inside one day to photograph it.

3 comments:

  1. I too would not have noticed the letters had you not mentioned it. Could be an example of subliminal mind control by the church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That actually is a very nice door (compared to the current architecture of churches around here which look like boxes with windows).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is aa wonderful door, along with the filigreed railing.

    ReplyDelete