Sunday, May 25, 2014

Monday Mural: mystery woman

This mural was found on Poplar Street in West Oakland.  If there was an artist's signature, I couldn't read it.  This and a partner mural are the first I've found with veiled women.

Addendum:  Greenkozi tells me this is by artist Jihad.

Welcome to Monday Mural:  if you like murals or have a mural you'd like to post, this meme's for you.  Just follow the Linky steps below.  You decide what constitutes a mural.  Once you start looking, you find them everywhere.  Be sure to link back to this blog and visit your fellow posters.  Looking forward to the mural finds posted this week.  

I'll be away for three weeks but the meme will still go up every Sunday (unless I screw up).  Wifi will be scarce so I'm unlikely to be able to leave comments.  Ciao.
 

11 comments:

  1. She could be any number of characters. Enjoy your three weeks away. "Wifi will be scarce" Oh I know all too well about that! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoever did it, it is visually striking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very striking. I hope you're enjoying your break.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to know the story behind it.
    Have a great break!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She does look very mysterious! My mural is right down the bottom of my post.
    Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very bold and mysterious.

    Thanks for hosting! Mine is here - http://thirtysevenandcounting.wordpress.com/2014/05/26/monday-mural-signs-tell-city-flood-wall/

    ~Lindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great trip! Somehow she reminds me of the Avengers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wifi scarce? Oooh, now I am curious.

    ReplyDelete