Monday, September 22, 2014

Monday Mural: solidarity with Palestine

The official name of this mural is Oakland Palestine Solidarity Mural.   Painted by 13 artists, it was finished and dedicated at the end of August.  As you can see, it is quite massive so I've added a couple of shots showing greater detail.

I happened to run across this mural as it was being completed.  To my surprise no one was using aerosol cans, but instead were using brushes.  The styles vary from panel to panel with each image being quite detailed.

Welcome to Monday Mural:  if you like murals or have a mural you'd like to post, this meme's for you.  Just follow the Linky steps below.  You decide what constitutes a mural.  Once you start looking, you find them everywhere.  Be sure to link back to this blog and visit your fellow posters.  Looking forward to the mural finds posted this week.

Google+ users, please configure your post so we all can leave a comment.  Thanks.

14 comments:

  1. These are very nice. I prefer brushwork over spray cans. I think you are going to have to shows us close-ups of all of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive work! I love the artistry and all that color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's a really neat one! so much to see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has got to be one of the most complex murals I've seen in a long while ODP, excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work. What an amazing mural.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how beautiful is this mural!!!
    I love everything colored, it's life....
    I'll come back more often, for sure!
    Hugs
    Bia
    www.biaviagemambiental.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Very impressive mural, I like it a lot! Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not at all in sympathy with the muralists' politics. Palestinians rain bombs into Israel from locations hidden among civilian buildings and then scream with outrage when Israel responds with targeted munitions after warning inhabitants to get out. You reap what you sow.

    ReplyDelete