Monday, January 5, 2015

Monday Mural: Solano Way

I do my best to keep up with street art in Oakland, but it took the National Geographic website to turn me on to Solano Way.  Check out the article for a nice explanation of the difference between tagging, throw-ups, and pieces.  Not far from the Lake, this four block alley is full of works, many by well-known artists.  This wall is by Doty who you've seen several times on this meme.  When I came upon it I couldn't tell what it was.  Only when I took the picture did the composition become clear.  Aha!

Welcome to Monday Mural:  if you like murals or have a mural you'd like to post, this meme's for you.  Just follow the Linky steps below.  You decide what constitutes a mural.  Once you start looking, you find them everywhere.  Be sure to link back to this blog and visit your fellow posters.  Looking forward your mural finds posted this week.  Google+ users, please configure your post so we all can leave a comment.  Thanks.

 “ Be kind; everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.”  Plato

14 comments:

  1. A lot is going on here! Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool discovery! Be back with mine soon


    Warm ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impressive! I wonder what was on Doty's mind when this was painted. ( •_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh that's a complicated one ODP, what a find !

    ReplyDelete
  5. All those eyes are really complicated and a bit threatening to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's an intricate one! I can see why you needed the photo to take the whole of the composition in!
    Thanks for hosting and Happy 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't make sense of it. Maybe I stared at it too long.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's more than one way of looking at that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A nice discovery and an interesting article in NG!

    ReplyDelete
  10. http://selmaala.blogspot.com/2015/01/monday-murals-wpa-era-mural.html
    I just noticed this linky is already closed, but here is my link. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete