Thursday, July 28, 2016

blooming agave

A blooming agave is a sight to see.  When the blooming sprout first occurred it appeared to be a giant asparagus spear, at least 15 feet high.  Now it has opened up and looks like a weird bonsai pine tree.  The bees are buzzing around the yellow flowers while the agave fronds have collapsed.  The parent plant was at least 6 feet tall and 10 feet wide.  My botanical guide assures me that new plantlets will appear at a later date.  Linked to Skywatch Friday.

8 comments:

  1. Unusual for me to see because I always had thought that agave plants were much shorter and fuller in shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these agave blooms. Amazing, weird looking, and... what's the opposite of subtle? Impossible to miss!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, that's what it's called! There is one along the road and I thought it was a tree until it disappeared with the cold weather! Lovely shot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was captivated by the stunning images of the blooming agave in your blog post! Your ability to capture the beauty of nature is truly remarkable, and I appreciate the way you bring these moments to life for your readers.
    https://www.frugalishness.com/best-t-shirts-for-men/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is a wonderful escape into the world of visual beauty, and it's always fascinating how various topics can come together through online discussions.
    https://promocodehq.com/seatgeek-promo-code-$40-off

    ReplyDelete