Sunday, March 26, 2017

Monday Mural: rabbit carp

Along the edge of Chinatown near the 880 freeway stands a running frieze of colorful murals.  This one caught my fancy because it blends two animals.  Wouldn't you love to see this in the wild?  It's also pretty cool that the artists did not cover over the old Ballantine's ad.  The sticks define a traffic lane for vehicles zooming onto a freeway on-ramp.   I had to look out for traffic from all directions to get a shot without cars.  Makes you wonder how the heck the Dragon School artists painted this wall since stepping back to look at your work would definitely be hazardous. 

Welcome to Monday Mural:  if you like murals or have a mural you'd like to post, this meme's for you; just follow the Linky steps below.  You decide what constitutes a mural.  Once you start looking, you find them everywhere.  Be sure to link back to this blog and visit your fellow posters.  Looking forward to your mural finds posted this week.  Google+ users, please configure your post so we all can leave a comment.  Thanks.

“ Be kind; everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.”  Rev. John Watson.
Oops, the Linky didn't load. Here it is albeit quite delayed.

23 comments:

  1. Strange fish or strange rabbit, lol. But it's well painted and it's a 2 in 1 with the whiskey mural above.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great mural, but as a Scot my attention was taken with the whisky ad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHiskey and fish are two things I don't typically think of together! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's my link

      http://halcyontravels.blogspot.de/2017/03/unity.html

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Supongo que será por el tipo de bebida.
    ¿Dice, algo así, que si tomas Ballantine´s te sentirás como pez en el agua?
    ¿O qué alucinarás tanto, del borrachera que te sentirás un híbrido entre pez y conejo?
    Es formidable el mural y la mezcla de los dos animales
    El artista no sólo respetó el anterior mural del whisky; si no que, me parece, que lo emplea como anuncio a la contrariedad, en muchos sentidos.
    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great mural...but is the link up missing?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't usually have fish and whisky together either, but why not try it?, I think

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have 2 links today. From London:https://travelwithintent.com/2017/03/27/shoreditch-street-art-pataphysics-alfred-jarry-bookartbookshop/
      and from Manchester: https://travelwithintent.com/2017/03/26/pedestrian/

      Delete
  8. That is a great jackrabbit-fish mural. Too bad there is no link today. I will check back later.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was wondering about the animal relationship to Ballantine's! So glad they left it too.

    http://junkboattravels.blogspot.com/2017/03/monday-mural_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice mural, here's mine https://chrissybythecoast.wordpress.com/2017/03/27/monday-mural-beachside-banksy/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it! I will check back later to see if the linky came up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. great job capturing it without cars. very often it is mission impossible.
    http://lessywannagohome.blogspot.be/2017/03/neighbours.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. A rabbit fish? Cool! http://webcroft.blogspot.com/2017/03/kernstown-random-osity.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like it a lot ODP and I often wonder how artist work in busy, tricky situations like this. Sorry I missed this week, when I first tried there wasn't a link and then I got a wee bit side-tracked :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great mural, but as a Scot my attention was taken with the whisky ad!


    แตกใน xxx

    ReplyDelete