Monday, June 18, 2012

Monday Mural: one more San Antonio neighborhood mural


This is a companion mural to that shown last week.  To my eye, this mural references the masks of Japan and Indonesia.  Again, sadly I have no information on the artists.  Hopefully, someone will enlighten us.  The Eastside Cultural Center next door on International Blvd. is a local focus for visual and musical arts and often hosts gallery performances.
 
If you like murals or have a mural you'd like to post, this meme's for you.  Just follow the Linky steps below.  You decide what constitutes a mural.  Be sure to link back to this blog and visit your fellow posters.  Looking forward to the murals posted this week.  Once you start looking, it's amazing how many you can find.

14 comments:

  1. Golly, I am early this week. Thanks so much for hosting, Carolyn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vibrant!


    Have a GREAT Week

    Aloha from Waikiki,
    Comfort Spiral
    > < } } ( ° >

    > < } } (°>

    ><}}(°>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fascinating mural, Carolyn. This has good composition and artistry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so correct. I've been looking for them and I keep finding them. I've got more murals in my album now since I have started playing with Monday Mural and I'm enjoying the thrill of finding them serendipitously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That looks like the artwork that some of the people on LSD produce! :-)

    Thanks for hosting, have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure that the vivid colours will last for many years- fascinating subject too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have fond memories of San Antonio. I was lucky enough to visit it in 2010. Can't say I saw this wonderfully coloured mural but then again it may have appeared after one of San Antonio's rather large margherittas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful capture of this vibrant mural.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sooooo Love this mural, love the colors and the quality of the art.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colours are so rich! Glad that you have posted them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely, multicultural Oakland! Great mural!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the way the mask on the left seems to be trying to hold in laughter. Even a painted smile is contagious to me! I also love the bright colors. Great find.

    ReplyDelete
  13. An exciting muralistic find. Laughter always wins in the end.

    ReplyDelete