Friday, May 10, 2013

yet another vintage sign

We seem to have lots of old vintage signs in Oakland.  This one is for a flower shop that has been in business in this location for more than 60 years just outside the gates of Mt. View Cemetery.  The sign looks in tact but I don't think I've ever seen it lighted up.  I've seen other flower shop signs in much the same style around town which makes me think it was a stock design.  The slightly murky sky is what we are experiencing these past few days after the heat wave broke.  It's overcast in the morning and sometimes the sun comes out in the afternoon, sometimes not.  Linked to Skywatch Friday.

16 comments:

  1. That does have a nice vintage look to it. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful photo for SWF!Thank you for sharing and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marvellous old sign, long may it remain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great old sign again. Like it but would also see it with the neon in working. Must be a spectacular sight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a cool sign!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice sign. Happy sky watching.

    My sky.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love old signs like this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it. Was at the Chapel of the Chimes last night, didn't see this one, may not light up anymore, or I may just not have noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had not thought about neon signs being stock signs, but I'll bet you are right.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hee hee....
    «Louis» knows zackly which sign this is! He has never seen it illuminated, either.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great! I think you know how much I like these vintage signs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. And, wow, that's quite a header you've got at the moment. Someone has kept the sign in good repair. What better location for a florist?

    ReplyDelete