Monday, August 5, 2013

Monday Mural: time to quit smoking

Here's more of the huge mural that is being created on the sawtooth building on San Leandro Blvd. in the Fruitvale District.  I think this sad sack fox is another work by Cannon Dill.  If I'm wrong someone will correct me.  What can I say--it's my cup of tea.

If you like murals or have a mural you'd like to post, this meme's for you.  Just follow the Linky steps below.  You get to decide what constitutes a mural.  Be sure to link back to this blog and to visit your fellow posters.  Looking forward to the mural finds posted this week.

19 comments:

  1. It is well painted, but I have not properly deciphered all of the elements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. overworked fox!

    ALOHA from Honolulu
    Comfort Spiral
    ~ > < } } ( ° > <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gets me is that hole in his head. Poor thing.

    ReplyDelete

  4. You seem to have this endless supply of murals. I really need to go in search of some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet in California, this building (we featured today) WOULD have a mural!

    http://www.greensborodailyphoto.com/2013/08/on-lee-street.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first thing that I thought when I saw this was that it was a ROA, if you check out his site you'll see what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoever did that mural was smoking something besides Marlboros! :)
    V

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your title for it, it is a tad gruesome, but so similar to what you see now-a-days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quite a drawing, at any size. I heard about this meme and have a contribution which has the artist posing in front of his work. Hope you have time to drop by:

    http://www.lovethatimage.com/blog/2013/08/grafitti-art-in-burien/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, how I love those murals!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bonjour,
    Très artistique , j'aime beaucoup.
    Bonne journée.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's amazing! It somehow makes me think of ROA, one of my favourite street artists:
    http://roaweb.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful mural. I love it and also the ones below. Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This piece is done by Oakland's own Cannon Dill. The artists represented in the whole piece are Ernest Doty, Cannon Dill, Koleo Koleoptere and David Polka.

    ReplyDelete