Sunday, July 25, 2010

it's all happening at the zoo

Yesterday at the Oakland Zoo in Knowland Park.  The afternoon was warm and the parking lot was full.  The carousel is outside the main gate and is a favorite spot for parents to take pictures of their children.
Here's the formal entrance setting the scene for the African themed presentation.  The zoo was relocated to the hills in about 1950 and has been noted for its realistic environments for the animals. This is for LD in Monterey, whose grandparents took her to the zoo when she was a little girl.

7 comments:

  1. A well-kept zoo is a treasure. And that top shot is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your carousel shot does a good job of capturing the motion of the ride and the fun the kids and families are having.
    ;-D

    Contrary to the rumors, «Louis» is NOT an escapee from that zoo...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first photo. That looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great motion picture. As relatively recent grandparents we can identify with that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i do believe, i do believe it's true

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey I just found this! Not sure how I overlooked it. That's so fantastic that you took the time to visit this place that I remember so well. It was the first time I looked a tiger in the eye at about age 5. Made quite an impression on me. Cool tiger carousel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much movement in that first photo. It makes me dizzy and I'm not even on the ride!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete