Friday, July 16, 2010

Skywatch Friday: Cathedral Building

The Cathedral Building was constructed in 1913 and sits on the triangle corner where Telegraph Avenue ends at Broadway.  And where this fountain stands.  The building was recently renovated and offers a variety of retail, office, and condo spaces.  I've read there is a very chic penthouse on the top floor.  Given the current economy, I wouldn't lay any odds on when all the spaces will finally be rented or sold.  In the meantime you can see that in the past few days we've been enjoying fine weather with a minimum of fog (hallelujah).  For more Skywatch views from around the world, click here.

13 comments:

  1. I love the perspective on this. What an interestingly shaped building.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing example of architecture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. building very special and fascinating

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did they build such a tall building at that time? Before I read your text, I thought they might have used the facade from another building.

    ReplyDelete
  5. «Louis» didn't realize this building is that old. His guess was that it was built in the early-to-mid '20s. He has always thought it to be one of the more attractive buildings in downtown Ville de Chêne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely building...

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Impressive building. I like your angle and framing with the greenery on the left. Don't think I've seen anything quite like this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful shot. Very lovely architecture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wha an amazing building and how beautifully you photographed it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The scene is really grand, and solemn...

    Thank you for always guiding splendid scenery.

    From the Far East.
    Greetings.
    ruma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really Wow! Never saw that building before and would think it would be quite a famous landmark.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the place in Oakland I would most love to live. I longingly looked into the windows when I was there in January... (it was a holiday, the whole thing was closed) and looked online later. Absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete