Wednesday, November 24, 2010

ABC Wednesday: S is for Sequoyah Road

Sequoyah Road in the East Oakland hills straddles that line between urban and rural.  The road runs through unexpected housing tracts, a hundred year old country club, steep canyons and open creeks.  I was quite taken by this 20s-30s house that reflects the influences of Spanish and early mission architecture.  This style home is found throughout the Bay Area.  Isn't it charming?  I'll bet the inside has interesting tile work and wrought iron details.  For more "S" photos, visit ABC Wednesday.

12 comments:

  1. I think that would be a very charming place to live - and totally different from the style here in the north.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks sooooo pretty, sunny & warm!:)
    A nice shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's a divine house!

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such lovely photos! Thank you for sharing these with us.
    Donna - ABC Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am reminded of 'the great gatsby'. very charming? absolutely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty. A grand house. I think I will be showing some grand houses from greater Hartford in the coming weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny, I wrote about a street/road on my S post today too.
    Yours is very picturesque.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful home. I'll bet it just beautiful inside.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that style of architecture! Happy Thanksgiving to you...

    ReplyDelete
  10. The atmosphere of the house is heartwarming. . .
    The master seems to be able to send happy life.

    Thank you.
    ruma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely house and gorgeous Agave!
    Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmmm... looks quite Spanish to me... Good letter S post.

    ReplyDelete