Hooper's was established in 1939 and sold by the family in 1990. For the next 20 years various groups owned this business with varied success until the doors finally closed for good in 2010. The retail shop was located in a pink Cape Cod house on Telegraph Avenue, the original Hooper home. Generations of school children visited the factory and got to take home free samples at the end of the tour. Along with Mother's Cookies and Granny Goose, those days are now only a memory. All that remains are the house and the original neon sign. For more "H" photos, visit Mrs. Nesbitt's meme.