Monday, June 20, 2011

Monday Mural: fresh paint

On a tip from «Louis La Vache»  I scouted this mural by Beth Emmerich at 25th St. and Mandela Parkway.  Eye catching to say the least.  Reminds me of Mexico's iconic La Caterina.  Much to my surprise, I also found several more murals on the other side of the building.  By good fortune, Oaktown Art posted an article on Friday about these murals, all done by women earlier this month.  Check out her interview with the artist who organized the effort.

Automated post.

8 comments:

  1. really nice find!



    Aloha from Honolulu :)

    Comfort Spiral

    ><}}(°>


    ><}}(°>

    <°)}}><

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first thought - smoking kills. I suppose that was not the artists intent though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is a bit spooky, I am afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can certainly see the Dia de los Muertos theme. Strong image but too creepy for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ol' «Louis» is glad this worked out for you!

    Have you checked out the one at Gilman and Santa Fe in The People's Republic of Berserkeley? (On the wall of Toot Sweets.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, Oakland Daily Photo.

    Your heartwarming poetry and works fascinates everyone feeling.

     Thank you for your kindness.
     Have a good weekend.

    Greetings.
    ruma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice photograph of an interesting subject.

    ReplyDelete