Wednesday, July 31, 2013

naughty girl

This evil looking little girl is the advertising logo for a mom & pop company that makes journals.  They use old, well worn book covers to bind journals.  I almost bought one with a Dick and Jane primer cover, just for nostalgia's sake.  Then common sense kicked in taunting me with, "And since when do you take the time to write letters, let alone write down your private thoughts?" Since the answer is pretty much never, I walked out of the booth without one of these cool journals.  Spotted at the Temescal Street Fair.

4 comments:

  1. Still we end up with more paper then we like, but I like the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! And I love the evil looking girl logo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a novel idea. I bought a very nice looking large format journal with great intentions many years ago. Something to record my travels and adventures in. Then came the Internet followed soon by Blogger and there the empty journal still sets on my shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea, and I too would have gone through EXACTLY the same thing you did. Funny how we can get so caught up with old books and their meanings to us.

    ReplyDelete