Sunday, October 20, 2013

Monday Mural: hummingbird

This wonderful psychedelic hummingbird is part of a much larger mural on two sides of an old building in West Oakland.  I like the kinetic feeling it presents.  I wonder if the double eyes mean Doty did this one?

If you like murals or have a mural you'd like to post, this meme's for you.  Just follow the Linky steps below.  You get to decide what constitutes a mural.  Once you start looking, you find them everywhere.  Be sure to link back to this blog and to visit your fellow posters.  Looking forward to the mural finds posted this week.
  
As Jack would say, I'll be "out of jurisdiction" for three weeks.  Through the magic of automated posting the Linky will still go up on Sundays at 8 PM PST.  Unfortunately, I won't have much access to wifi so will not be able to leave comments. 

7 comments:

  1. Yeah, the two eyes thing throws it all off for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beauty. I thought it was my eyes not focussing properly for a minute, but there really are two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It takes for me a little time to see that it has two eyes. Still a nice strong mural. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First thing I noticed was the double eyes. Very eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool. The two eyes catch attention. I kind of like that.

    Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete