Sunday, March 15, 2015

Monday Mural: another Doty bird

I found another bird mural by Edward Doty.  Just love how he presents them with such sentient awareness.  Can't tell you what kind of bird this is, but I'm pretty sure the real plant is a cotoneaster.  And the bird is sitting on a New Zealand tea plant featured in Friday's post.  I'm guessing the mountain in the background is Mt. Tamalpais which is part of the bay skyline  and found in Marin County.

Welcome to Monday Mural:  if you like murals or have a mural you'd like to post, this meme's for you.  Just follow the Linky steps below.  You decide what constitutes a mural.  Once you start looking, you find them everywhere.  Be sure to link back to this blog and visit your fellow posters.  Looking forward your mural finds posted this week.  Google+ users, please configure your post so we all can leave a comment.  Thanks.

 “ Be kind; everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.”  Plato

14 comments:

  1. Nice mural, perhaps it's a Grackle. Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
  2. very bright and vivid mural ... sort of disorienting that a bird on a tree branch is so close the sidewalk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic mural. I love the detail in the painting, this is a real work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like the way the foliage is growing by the mural giving it the real feel

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mural is so good that the growing foliage looks a part of it. Great painting here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you, this is a beauty! I love the colours and composition and the meticulous execution. Thanks for hosting.
    A rather unusual contribution from me this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very nicely done and I like how the plant works with the mural.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a beautiful mural... very well rendered.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool mural. Maybe it's a red-tail hawk. There looks to be a bit of red on the tail that's visible.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like it when nature attaches itself to a mural :) this works so well. Beautifully painted work, super find ODP.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't get over how big and dramatic your murals are.

    Janis
    GDP

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful bird! We just visited California and there are so many murals there! I think Venice Beach along has more murals than the state of Virginia.

    ReplyDelete