Sunday, March 8, 2015

Monday Mural: in the field

This loving image fronts a vacant lot on International Blvd. in East Oakland.  All around the man and his truck is a poem written in three colors as if one line is echoing the other.  I couldn't read much of it because of the angle of the sun in my eyes but I thought the image had a lot of dignity.  And I liked that it fronts on a lot that looks green and lush as if he were out in a field.

Welcome to Monday Mural:  if you like murals or have a mural you'd like to post, this meme's for you.  Just follow the Linky steps below.  You decide what constitutes a mural.  Once you start looking, you find them everywhere.  Be sure to link back to this blog and visit your fellow posters.  Looking forward your mural finds posted this week.  Google+ users, please configure your post so we all can leave a comment.  Thanks.

 “ Be kind; everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.”  Plato

17 comments:

  1. I like it. It seems to have a lot of strength to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really good. Dang I gotta find/shoot some murals :-(


    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to read, but it's a great one. Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a mural with a message.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too like the way it blends with its surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A clever angle for the photo, it adds to a powerful image.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the guy is making a screen print. Nice the way the poem is following the contour of the objects. Something you see oft in aboriginal art with dots. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, yes! I like that very much!
    Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh I like this and the sharp colors. Plus the added poem within.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They did a really great job on the worker. I like this type of mural rather than the ones I cannot make sense of nor read.

    ReplyDelete
  11. He is great! It does look as if he is doing some silk-screening - was there a business nearby doing it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I definitely like that field of green in front of the wall. Makes the work stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a nice way to make a vacant lot look good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have you ever done a total count of the # of murals you have photographed? Amazing!

    Janis
    GDP

    ReplyDelete