Saturday, December 29, 2012

vinyl nirvana

If you're looking for vinyl records from new and vintage bands, this is your place.  Originating in Seattle in 2001 and transplanting to Oakland in 2003, 1-2-3-4 Go! focuses primarily on indie and punk music.  In 2008 they opened a retail store in the Temescal area, where they also host live concerts.  They've also branched out with their own record label.  Check out the website just to read the band names; they're a hoot.  I'm so out of it, I have no idea who any of these performers are.  But I like the idea of a home grown label.  If you follow various links, you'll also get to hear samples of some of the music.  Linked to Weekend Reflections.

9 comments:

  1. Love your title and their icon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Between the Valladolid Daily photo blog and yours, we have a crane contest... So shamballa indeed... Nice catch on this one !

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have Bull Moose here. You can find most anything... including incense. hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta love these old vinyl places that keep hanging on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This seems like the ultimate Oakland shop and business!

    Have a most happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like to listen to a lot of music, but I don't recognize any of them either. I would enjoy browsing their selection, but my turntable no longer works :-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like this would have been my kind of place back in the 1980's. In fact this reminds of a place where I used to buy punk records in Berkley called Rasputin Records.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chinese Telephones? Ya, guess I'm out of it too. Love the fact that vinyl is making a comeback. What's next, 8-Tracks??

    ReplyDelete