Monday, June 3, 2013

Monday Mural: Mother Wright

Behind the California Hotel in West Oakland are portraits on a fence.  The fence itself protects a pop up community garden.  Mother Wright was a revered figure who clothed and fed the needy for many decades up until her death in 2009.

If you like murals or have a mural you'd like to post, this meme's for you.  Just follow the Linky steps below.  You get to decide what constitutes a mural.  Be sure to link back to this blog and visit your fellow posters.  Looking forward to the mural finds posted this week.  

6 comments:

  1. Mother Wright definitely was right. Great mural; I must remember to start collecting them so I can participate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this Mural Monday group, cause I like taking street art photos.

    Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice mural which will be hidden in time unless that tree is trimmed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I hope they don't let this mural get blocked by growth ODP, it's a very modern tribute to a wonderful lady. I must keep my eyes open too and snap some murals, very interesting theme day subject.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Special lady for sure, great piece of art work as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She needs to brush that branch away from her face. oh wait, she doesn't appear to have any hands. someone get a paint can and giver her some hands, quick!
    I need to get out and find some new murals to post.

    ReplyDelete